martes, 9 de junio de 2009

"La pieta"


A piece of art that I like called “La Pieta” (The piety), and was created by Miguel Angel at the 16th century. Today the sculpture is in the St Peter Basilica.

The first time that I saw “the Piety”, was a years ago. I prepare to my confirmation in my school, and one day the catechist said: “Think in the image of Virgin Mary that you like most, and bring it to the next session”. So, at night I searched in internet images of virgin Mary, because I never had a favorite one. Then I found “the piety” and I loved it.

I can’t explain why I like it, because is not a beautiful image. I think that is the emotions that transmit the attitude of Mary. She have to her dead son between her arms, and leaving aside the religion, that is hard to anybody with feelings. The artist must be a genius to create works whit so many content

4 comentarios:

  1. hello!!!. that it`s a very beautiful one i liked as well and it`s a kind of emotive to see virgin Mary holding her son dead.

    grettings bye

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I can say that it is a very beautiful piece of art. I like it too.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I like it . I also choosed a mother and son picture. But mi piece of art is more cute.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. wow, this it my favorite sculpture, i saw it when i visited rome about 2 years ago, is really beatifull and emotional

    very good choice

    bye

    ResponderEliminar